Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
WHAT IS RECHARGE?
RECHARGE is the ‘sports drink’ for horses and contains a concentrated solution of electrolytes and glucose with a palatable apple flavour to:
- Restore electrolyte levels immediately
- Stimulate the horse’s natural thirst mechanism to increase fluid intake and support rehydration
- Boost energy and assist in electrolyte absorption
- Horses prior to, during and after travel
- Performance horses following sweat loss
- Rehydration after illness or diarrhoea
- “Tucked up” horses – showing signs of dehydration
WHY CHOOSE RECHARGE?
- Rapidly restores electrolyte levels - RECHARGE is formulated to provide rapid correction of fluid and electrolyte levels in the performance horse to maintain hydration, promote normal body function, provide efficient temperature regulation and heart and blood vessel stability and function.
- Added glucose for energy and drive electrolyte absorption.
- Versatile and palatable oral rehydration fluid – Can be diluted in drinking water or administered directing by a syringe over the tongue.
|Horses (450 - 500 kg)||By Oral Syringe over Tongue||Made-up Drink in Water|
|Light Work (up to 30 minutes duration)||40 mL after exercise||40 mL in 2 litres of water|
|Moderate Work (30 – 60 minutes duration)||60 mL after exercise||60 mL in 3 litres of water|
|Heavy Work (Racing, Jumping, Dressage, Polocrosse, Polo, Stock Work)||80 mL after exercise||80 mL in 4 litres of water|
|Heavy Sweat Loss and Dehydration in all horses, Endurance, Eventing||80 mL after exercise||80 mL in 4 litres of water|
Special Dose Rates
Severely Dehydrated Horses:
- 6 – 8 litres of made-up solution (40 mL RECHARGE/litre water) may be administered by stomach tube as required under the supervision of a veterinary surgeon.
- 60 – 80 mL can be administered by oral syringe over the tongue, during a ride or at check points, provided water is available or offered immediately.
- 40 – 60 mL over tongue with water provided 30 – 60 minutes before travelling, repeat every 2 – 3 hours during travelling, and again on arrival as required.