Hygain Micr Maize 20 kg
Premium quality, all natural, micronized maize that requires no soaking or cracking with the goodness sealed in. HYGAIN® MICRMAIZE® flakes are readily digestible with improved feed efficiency and reduced risk of colic, acidosis and laminitis.
MICRMAIZE® is over 95% digested in the horse’s small intestine where as the starch in whole, crushed or steam flaked maize is only 20-30% digested. The remaining starch is then fermented in the large intestine, this in turn increases the burden on the large intestine producing elevated levels of lactic acid, gas and heat.
MICRMAIZE® flakes transfer the site of digestion back to the small intestine improving feed efficiency and reducing the burden on the hind gut resulting in fewer incidences of dietary induced problems such as colic, acidosis, laminitis, loss of appetite, nervousness, fatigue and reduced performance.
Recommended Feeding Guide
- 1kg of cracked or steam flaked maize can be replaced with approximately 750g of MICRMAIZE.
- MICRMAIZE flakes can be fed on their own or mixed with other grains such as MICRLUPINS,
- MICRBARLEY and or oats to meet dietary requirements or used as a top up to premixed, pelleted or extruded feeds and should be fed with a minimum of 1.5% of body weight as fibre such as quality pasture/ hay and or chaff.
- Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, desired body condition, exercise intensity, gestation and lactation status, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements. Reduce grain intake on rest days, if horses gain weight and / or training regime is interrupted.
- Introduce HYGAIN MICRMAIZE to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.