Dunstan Broodmare Mix 30 kg
A molassed, textured feed for the Broodmare during pregnancy and whilst lactating.
- Contains extruded cereal
- Components fully balanced
- Added vitamins and minerals
- Utilises organic minerals
- Contains natural vitamin E
- Elevated inclusion of lysine
Recommended Feeding Guide
Dunstan Broodmare Mix is very palatable and will provide an introduction to hard feed for the foal. Having the foal familiar with supplementary feed will reduce the likelihood of a weaning check when weaning occurs and also provides an intake of key nutrients required for sound growth and development.
Dunstan Broodmare Mix should be changed for Dunstan Weanling Mix or Dunstan Breed & Grow once the foal has been weaned.
The recommended feeding rates are based on a 500kg horse and are guidelines only.
|Pregnant Mares||2.5kg – 4kg|
|Lactating mares||3 - 5kg|
- The recommended feeding rates for Dunstan Broodmare Mix are based on a 500kg horses and are guidelines only. Daily feed amounts will vary depending on pasture availability and body condition. Horses are very much individuals with different metabolic efficiencies, some require a little more, others a little less, for the same level of activity.
- Ensure adequate fibre intakes by providing 1 % - 1 .5% per day of the horse's body weight as chaff, hay, Dunstan Betabeet/Sugarbeet or pasture (on a Dry Matter basis).
- It is advisable to split the daily hard-feed into at least two feeds, preferably 3-4, but feed no more than 2.0 kg of Dunstan Broodmare Mix per meal.