British Feeds Speedi Beet
by Kumeu Grain
Speedi-Beet is sugar beet pulp with no added molasses, which has been subjected to our patented cooking process to produce a superb complementary feed for horses, which is quick soaking, unique to us unlike any other HorseBeet!
- There's a high proportion of soluble fibre, mostly pectins in Speedi-Beet, which means its fibre is more easily digested than that found in forage like hay. This makes it a great source of slow release energy, perfect for competition horses.
- It's starch free and low in sugar, so an ideal feed for horses prone to Laminitis and we're proud to have achieved Laminitis Trust approval.
- You can replace some or all of your horse's concentrate feed with Speedi-Beet, plus a balancer to provide vitamins and minerals, to give your horse a higher fibre, lower starch diet.
- Speedi-Beet is versatile. Feed it in small amounts to overweight horses as a carrier for a multivitamin and mineral supplement or in larger quantities to a poor doer for weight gain, or to a working horse for energy.
- Add 1 part dry Speedi-Beet to 5 parts water by weight.
- Soak for 10 minutes.
- Speedi-Beet can be fed at up to 0.5kg (dry weight i.e. weight before soaking) per 100kg bodyweight of horse. So that means for a 500kg horse you can feed up to 2.5kg of Speedi-Beet (dry weight) each day.