ProVida Flax Seed Oil
ProVida Flax Seed Oil is a 100% natural supplement containing 60% Omega 3, an Essential Fatty Acid known to possess anti-inflammatory properties that has many health benefits. The oil is also a great fat source of cool energy, ideal for endurance and working horses.
- With 60% Omega 3, 15% Omega 6 and 15% Omega 9, Flax Seed Oil is a wonderful natural health supplement that horses love! Providing fantastic levels of these Essential Fatty Acids has a wide range of health benefits, and can assist with many aspects of overall health.
- Flax Seed Oil can improve the health of the coat, skin, bones, joints, hooves and heart as well as the digestive, circulatory and immune systems. What's more the coat can vastly improve in feel, health and shine.
- In addition to this, Flax Seed Oil is a wonderful source of cool energy as it is 100% fat. This makes it a fantastic option for endurance and racing horses, as not only is energy provided, but the high levels of Omega 3 help with the breakdown of lactic acid after exercise and can help to prevent tying up as well as protecting the joints and hooves. No other oil can perform all of these functions as effectively.
- For general health and maintenance, we recommend a daily feeding rate of 20-30ml per day for a miniature horse, 40ml per day for a pony, foal or yearling, and 50-70ml per day for an adult horse. This will provide enough nutrition for general maintenance of skin, coat, joints, hooves and overall condition, but can be increased if desired results are not seen over time.
- If you wish to use the Oil as an energy source for racehorses and endurance events, then 140-200ml can be fed daily, particularly in the lead up to events.
- Store the oil in a cool, dark place away from sunlight, ideally a tack shed or garage.